Negotiate the developmental services system
Case Management Services is a program offered by Family Counselling and Support Services for individuals with developmental disabilities or Autism Spectrum disorder.
Our counsellors help clients negotiate the developmental services system, providing advocacy and information about your rights within the system.
• information - about services and resources
• counselling - for emotional support
• referral - to clinical supports
• service Coordination - obtaining assessments, service referrals, and consultation with other services
• advocacy - assistance in helping you negotiate with others
We work with you to develop a plan for services that meet your specific needs.
When you need us we will be there.
If you answer 'yes
' to any of the following questions, you might consider our case management services:
• Do you have trouble understanding the support system?
• Do you know where to go for help and information?
• Are you having trouble accessing the right services?
• Would you like help planning for the future?
• Are you being taken advantage of?
• Do you need emotional support?
Information & Referral
What is a Developmental Disability?
A developmental disability is a life-long limitation in intellectual
functioning which occurs prior to age 18 and varies greatly among
individuals. People with a developmental disability learn more slowly
than their typically developing peers, and may face challenges in many common
daily activities such as independence, employment, problem solving and
Individuals with a diagnosis within the Autism Spectrum
are also considered to have a developmental disability.
Some testimonials from clients who have benefited from our Case Management Services...
"This is what I liked about the counselling: respect, honesty, openness, knowledge, listening, professionalism, integrity. It was informative, helpful, reassuring, and supportive."
"The service at the agency was quick, confidential, and close to home"
Our Hours of Operation are:
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday:
9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Our offices are closed Saturdays and Sundays
To apply for Case Management Services, please
contact Access, Information and Referral at 519-824-4015 or